Volunteer role description.
Role Title: Radio Hillingdon Ward Visitor
Reporting to: The Station Director
Aim: To introduce Radio Hillingdon to the adult patients of Hillingdon Hospital.
Benefits: You will gain a sense of achievement, enjoyment and social
interaction. Also a sense of pride and satisfaction that you are helping
someone during their time of need.
Roles and responsibilities
- Visit Patients at their bedside and inform them that they can listen to Radio Hillingdon free of charge over the Hospedia
bedside terminal, online at www.radiohillingdon.com
or via the tune in radio app on Apple or Android devices.
- Volunteers will need to be able to visit the
wards in the Hospital Monday to Sunday between 1:00pm and 5:00pm.
- Volunteers need to be able to smile, appear enthusiastic and be cheerful. In order to be a kind of Friend at the bedside of
- Inform Patients that we broadcast 24 hours a
day via the mediums listed above.
- Promote our FREE Request line number *800 and
inform them how to get a request played on air.
- Inform the Patients that we also have National,
International, Local News, and what's on bulletins regularly during the day. We
also provide some speech based interview programmes.
- Assist patients register themselves on the
Hospedia System to enable them to listen to Radio Hillingdon. Also show them
how to use the Hospedia Terminal.
- Distribute Radio Hillingdon Magazines and
- Take a note of any Hospedia terminals that are
not working and report them to Hospedia so they can be repaired.
- Comply with the Hospital Infection control and
Ward Security policies.
- Comply with the Hospital Volunteers policy
- Respect patients, dignity and understand when patients
do not wish to be bothered.
- Volunteers will need to undergo a Disclosure
and Barring Service check, complete an Occupational Health Questionnaire.
- Volunteers will need to undergo a 3 month
probationary membership period before their membership will be reviewed for
- Volunteers should be aged 18 years or over.
If interested please fill in our Join Us Form
or write to Radio Hillingdon. Hillingdon Hospital. Pield Heath Road, Uxbridge.